Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Herb Ritts

My Bruce Weber post got me thinking about group shots and black and white photography. One of my favorite group shots of all time is probably by Herb Ritts. When I saw the shot below for the first time I was excited and shocked. SUPERMODELS NAKED. In a group. Crazy.

I love the soft, subtle sensuality of this shot. The energy coming from the girls is undeniable and this shot is absolutely beautiful. I wish that these girls were still around. The first model that I ever noticed was Nikki Taylor (I had shots of her hanging all over the place when I was very young), while Stephanie Seymour and Christy Turlington were not far behind.
http://www.marcosabino.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/top-models-herb-ritts-1989.pnghttp://djuna.cine21.com/christy/95/95-09-13.jpg
http://www.showstudio.com/2009/08/23/valentinophherb_rittsseptember19952-01.jpg 
These shots for Valentino are also very intriguing. Great energy, sexuality, and contrast. I love the classic coat, slicked hair, and gloves paired with a glistening, muscular naked man. Unexpected. Christy's hair is also amazing in these shots. Love the sunglasses profile at the bottom too.
click to zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment