I was booked for a hair photoshoot earlier today for The Chambers Packer Studio. It's a salon in Kenwood. I def highly recommend them. I was lucky enough to have my hair styled for the shoot by Christopher himself (one of the co-owners). I had a great time at the salon with the makeup artists, hairstylists, and other models. I am usually not a huge fan of over-the-top makeup, but I thought this makeup today was pretty awesome. Makeup was done by Niki McClanahan. She's a perfectionist like me-Love it. She even used a few techniques that I have never seen before.
I decided to take advantage of the look while I had it, so I took a few photos of myself. These were all done with a timer (that was very quick!), so I had to work by trial and error. I'd focus my camera (on a mike stand), run to set, move the stand, pose, and repeat. It was a workout, and it was def not as glamorous as the pictures appear. However, I am very happy with what I got, and would like to experiment more with this in the future. Self portraits are fun, and I haven't done any since I started doing photography. In college I worked with portraiture quite extensively.
Visit my Flikr site to see more photos of me (shot by me)!


No comments:
Post a Comment