Friday, April 9, 2010

Erin & Denim

"I wish I had invented blue jeans. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes" Yves Saint Laurent

I was just fondly thinking about a convo that I had with my friend Stephanie when she was in town recently. We were sitting in Panera eating lunch catching up (since she was only home from NY for a few days), and Steph pulls out her phone to get online and show me the new Erin Wasson ring that she bought. Can't say enough that I love Erin Wasson's style.



Just thought I would throw some of this stuff in here as great example's of how I want to shoot the promo. Erin knows how to move and pose. She doesn't try to be "pretty." She is just cool as hell and in turn always looks amazingly gorgeous.

erin-wasson-8.jpg

erin-wasson-9





I thought I would add this Lacoste video too. Love the slouchy style, the braids, and bright color.  
PS. For everyone that mentioned my black hat that kept appearing in my work. See Erin Wasson in the video (above) and the Lacoste show (below).


Since the title of this blog includes Denim I also wanted to post this Isabel Marant Spring\Summer 2009 show. I love the styling for this show. It has a lot of the key elements that I gravitate towards for example, natural hair, minimal makeup, and neutrals.

Right now I am a huge fan of denim jackets with short dresses, a belt, and boots. I also noticed that a lot of the girls had fairly long earrings which create a girly (young) look. This show has an interesting choice of music as well: Mozart Symphony No 25., and a great collection of models (even though a few of them are on the SUPER skinny side).
 
(Daria Werbowy for Isabel Marant S\S 09)

No comments:

Post a Comment