Thursday, April 8, 2010

Braids


 (Love this shot. Great Attitude)
 Braids. Braids are always an issue in styling. I remember when I was first modeling in NY. I was on a shoot and the hair stylist braided my hair into a confusing mess. As it ended up, my hair got tangled up in the fence that I was posing against and the braids were taken out. Long story short-braids are tricky.

I've been doing a lot of styling lately. Not only for my own photos, but I've also been doing some freelance styling work with a local production company as well. I had the hairstylist on one of my most recent jobs do a couple braids throughout a massive Marie Antoinette inspired coif. It ended very nicely after a little coaxing.

I've also done two other versions of the braid lately. Which can be seen here on my blog. The second image is a similar version of the shot below. While the bottom image on the link is a classic wrap around braid. At the moment I am all about the braid. So I want to start practicing so that I can create my own braid magic ; )
 
 (Anja Rubik photographed by Claudia Knoepel & Stefan Indlekofer for Vogue Paris March 2010)

Also thought I'd put a little daily inspiration in: I love Kelly Smith's artwork. Especially the pieces that include watercolor. She has found a great way to mix fashion images, illustration, and fine art. If only I would have had the guts to just go for it in college.
 

(I found this link (see below) on Kelly Smith's Blog. Has another one of my fave's (Kate Moss) & the braid)

No comments:

Post a Comment