Here's my most recent shot from a test that I did with Alison C.
This shot is not the usual no makeup, jeans & T's look that you would expect from me. I like playing with color, and will experiment with that more. I am also a huge fan of beauty work. It was so fun to watch Alison work! She is a natural in front of the camera and knows how to show off her assets.
The makeup was done by Nancy Dawson. We always have a good time when we work together. The lips are really what make this shot fun. They were basically painted on. What you see is what was actually there. Alison left with a blue stained mouth, but was happy to take one for the team : )


Hey Robin!
ReplyDeleteIt’s Paige. You gave me your card awhile back, when you were helping out in Wayne’s class, and I looked at your site, but didn’t get a chance to leave a comment. I have since revisited your site and now that I have the time to leave a comment (Senor Thesis has been crazy!) I wanted to say that reading your blog is very inspiring. It’s nice to learn about all these photographers that I have never heard of before.
My senior thesis idea deals with beauty in age and I have looked at a lot of beauty photographers for some sort of inspiration or clarity of what the media redeems as beautiful. In researching I came across an artist named, Ashley Lebedev, who went to school for Commercial Photography but ventured away to capture images that told a story through her personal vision. I’m nor sure if you have heard of her, but here is her website if you haven’t… I really enjoyed looking at her work and thought you would too….
http://www.bottlebellphotography.com/gallery.aspx
Your senior thesis project, Vogue, collaged photography and paint that was really intriguing to look at. It’s really cool to see that you have incorporated paint into the photo shot! I think you should experience more with paint and see where your creativity takes you! Keep up the good work, Robin! : )