Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Terry Richardson. Bold. Raw. Unmatched

I've mentioned Terry Richardson previously in this blog, and have seen his work popping up all over the place. For example he recently shot for Aldo (see below).
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFnJsczJ0WU1lM3hHX19DNHFCQldQYlEAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg


"Known for his uncanny ability to cut to the raw essence of whomever appears before his lens, Mr. Richardson's vision is at once humorous, tragic, often beautiful, and always provocative." I love the bold snapshot like quality of his work. He is able to capture a very natural, raw, uninhibited sense in his models. The quality of light creates a voyeuristic feel to his photos, this may be because the models seem as if they are under a spotlight completely exposed in a sense.
http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/terry-richardson-gossip-girl-2.jpg
I was really excited to find these shots by Richardson that focus on food\eating. I am a huge fan of these kinds of shots. There is something natural, seductive, and interesting about watching someone eat. It's different for everyone.

(Natasha Poly by Terry Richardson)

No comments:

Post a Comment