Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lissy Elle

Up In The Air by Lissy Elle.

I've been thinking a lot lately about conceptualizing my work and finding a way to bring more of a fine art perspective to it. In my paintings I have a very instinctive way or working. I would like to have more control over my final images in my photographs, and I have figured out a way to do that (if I am willing to invest some $ and time into a new direction). We will see how it turns out.

Impossible Things by Lissy Elle.
Looking at fashion illustration, painting, video, and fine art photography lately, has helped me to open my mind to new ideas. I found some interesting photographs by Lissy Elle. They are very conceptual, full of fantasy, play, and fright. A lot of the "tricks" that the photographer uses I have seen before, but she brings new life to them. Her images are soft, feminine, and whimsical. I'm not a fan of the images that use blood and gore, but I do think its nice to see an artist that isnt afraid to experiment and take risks. I like that her images are very simple and complicated at the same time.

Great White Lights by Lissy Elle.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, not a fan of the blood and gore, but you can create a haunting, frightening image without those attributes. I really enjoy this work for the reasons you mention, that whimsical, fantasy feel, that is soft. My brain is already pondering ways to make them darker, more intrusive, you know bordering on uncomfortable, but at the same time a wonder to look at.

    ReplyDelete