Last night I went to the video store to rent "The Professional" with Natalie Portman. I go up to the front desk to ask if they have the movie in stock and the girl working the counter smiles at me and says "that's a really great movie." She looks through the computer and informs me that someone stole their only copy...great. I will continue my search for it, because it is obviously really good if someone felt the need to steal it-especially when its only $1 to rent it for 5 days.
So instead I found Prozac Nation, a book that I had read years ago. The movie stars Christina Ricci, and follows her struggles with "being normal." In the movie Ricci plays a young writer that has gotten a scholarship to Harvard for journalism. This has been her mothers longtime goal for her. Harvard = success. Throughout the movie Ricci deals with family struggles, relationships, drinking, and drugs. She has trouble balancing her emotions, and never feels as if she will be really loved or taken care of. I plan on re-reading the book again, because as I remember it was very different than the movie.
So instead I found Prozac Nation, a book that I had read years ago. The movie stars Christina Ricci, and follows her struggles with "being normal." In the movie Ricci plays a young writer that has gotten a scholarship to Harvard for journalism. This has been her mothers longtime goal for her. Harvard = success. Throughout the movie Ricci deals with family struggles, relationships, drinking, and drugs. She has trouble balancing her emotions, and never feels as if she will be really loved or taken care of. I plan on re-reading the book again, because as I remember it was very different than the movie.
(Model: Lara Stone)
Anyway, I really enjoy this type of movie\book because it lets you experience a different facet of life. Mental illness\issues are not something that are openly shared with the public. I think its great when an actress can really create these kinds of characters.
Eventually, I would like for my own work to deal with characters that are not the mainstream. I've been looking a lot into these "different" types lately. Models like Gemma Ward, Lara Stone, and Erin Wasson all stand out as different. For some reason I am drawn to them....More about that later.
Eventually, I would like for my own work to deal with characters that are not the mainstream. I've been looking a lot into these "different" types lately. Models like Gemma Ward, Lara Stone, and Erin Wasson all stand out as different. For some reason I am drawn to them....More about that later.






No comments:
Post a Comment