Months ago I found an image on some random website, printed it out, and put it in my sketchbook. At the time I did not write down the photographers name, and have since wondered about it.
Luckily, I found the image again on a blog called Daydream Lily. I really like this blog! Great Sensibility. Very soft, feminine, a bit of fantasy and child-like play\fun. I especially like the mix of fashion & art. There are a ton of great photographers, 2D, and media artists on this site. Def a style that influences my work. The photographers name (above) is Mascuhla Burke. This picture is a a different version than the one that I had. The image above includes illustrations by an artist that I also have in my sketchbook - Kelly Smith. She does amazing illustrations from fashion imagery. Her work has even been featured in Vogue - Love it!
All throughout college I struggled with my desire to work with fashion imagery, and I usually lost this battle to teachers snickering, and students saying "oh yea that must be Robin's work with all of the models." Finally, for my senior thesis I did incorporate images that I wanted (My first blog post with a pic from my Senior Thesis). I'm so glad that I am no longer in college and I can make the kind of art that I want to make. I hope that I can find time to start incorporating my photographs into paintings at some point. It might be nice to make small pieces and scan them in and share them online. I should make this a goal, and hopefully when I come back and re-read this post it will remind me. It's so easy to push painting to the side.
(Detail - This is a much more accurate reproduction, even though this image was taken before the piece was completed)
(My Senior thesis piece. "Vogue." Sorry this is a horrible reproduction that I actually grabbed off of facebook. In the rush and excitement of graduation I didn't even take any good photos of my work).




No comments:
Post a Comment