Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catalog Work: Preview

I just finished editing the photos from my catalog shoot for Isle of Skye Cashmere (the finest quality Scottish Cashmere) located here in Cincinnati. The photos will be featured on their website, and also printed for promotional work . I am really happy with the way that the images turned out. The model (Elizabeth) did an excellent job and brought a ton of energy to the photos. Her look is very classic and naturally beautiful. The brunette version of the girl next door. Below are a couple preview shots from the shoot.
 
Also, I would like to thank all of the models that came out for the casting. I've had a lot of girls ask me what I am looking for and what they can do to strengthen their chances of getting booked for this job. One major tip that I can give is to think about the client and your audience. Learn as much about the client before the casting as you can by either going to their website, visiting the store, or asking a friend that has shopped there about the look of the clothes. Then dress accordingly. For example, this client sells mostly sweaters so by wearing a sweater I will have a much better idea about how well you can wear a sweater. For catalog work it is also really important to have really well kept skin, hair, and nails. Try to look as put together and as well groomed as possible.

Another really important tip that I have is to be very personable. Catalog work is all about energy, fun, and a great attitude. When you walk into the room to meet a client or photographer greet them with lots of energy and let them know that you are excited to be there. The photographer will be working with the model for many hours, so they want to make sure that it is a girl that is easy to work with. I hope that these tips help new models to feel a little bit more prepared when coming to my Isle of Skye Castings. I will keep updating my blog with helpful tips about potential shoots, castings, and other opportunities as they come up.

1 comment: