Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow Day

Today I am snowed in away from my computer so my work is on hold for now (If you are waiting on photos I'm sorry for the wait. Will be up and running again soon-if the snow lets up). What a great excuse to blog though, right? I'm sitting here listening to the news in awe of this crazy winter snow storm that we are having. Fox 19 News said that this is the "snowiest Feb. since 1914." It's pretty, but it gets old when it starts to interfere with your life. I am supposed to teach a class tonight (which was canceled last week as well due to snow), so I am waiting to see if New View will be open tonight.

Daily Inspiration: Longchamp
(Kate Moss & Sasha Pivovarova Longchamp Spring Summer 2009)


 

Just surfing the web I noticed an ad with Kate Moss for Longchamp. I Love all of the Longchamp ads. They are simple and stunning. So I did a little research and found some more info about her and the campaigne. Kate Moss has been the face of Longchamps label for four years (see photo above), and has also worked with the French brand to create a signature line as well.
"The face of the campaign for her first collection is - surprise surprise - La Moss herself, of course. The campaign focuses on the idea behind the Moss/Longchamp collaboration - combining the tradition of Longchamp's heritage and the distinctive rock 'n' roll style and attitude that Kate has virtually patented throughout the years." I found an article critiquing the campagine for its "beige" feel. I have to agree that I would expect to see something a lot more over-the-top and unexpected for Moss's signature line. The zebra print especially, doesn't scream Kate Moss to me. However, I still like the photographs by British photographer David Sims. They are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment