After reading my interview I wanted to expand a bit on one of the topics that I mentioned which is making sure that modeling is right for you. Coming from middle America, home of Mcdonalds, Ugg Boots, Khakis and polos, and lots of bangs I meet a lot of girls that want to be models. After spending years of thinking that I too could pursue this goal, and enduring multiple heartbreaks when I was "too fat" (at a size 2), or too shy, or my mom wouldn't let me go I look back now and realize that my chances were soooo small. For me to have actually made it I would have had to give up a lot! Which others did that were in my "group" at the time, names like: Heidi Mount (who was Whitworth back then), Lisa Cant, and Crystal Renn. Long ago I modeled with all of these girls.


Now as a photographer traveling around the country and working with amazing models from around the world I realize that some girls are made for this. They don't have to try. They fall into it and it fits them. It's not fun to think about but every girl should ask herself the hard questions before wasting thousands of dollars, countless hours, and valuable years of your life. Don't let the America's Next Top Model dream that anyone can make it lure you into a life that is not meant for you.
I'm marking this as March Model Month, and all month long will feature interviews and stories about models that have made it and those that have learned the hard way. This industry is great at eating you up and spitting you out if you are not careful. So learn from those that have been there.

So excited for March Model Month!! Thanks Robin- can't wait to read away!
ReplyDelete