
I've been extremely busy, but have to make time for March Model Madness. To make my life a little easier I figured that I would do something a little different. I hopped over to models.com (a cool website that ranks models, agencies, lists new girls, etc) and checked to see who their #1 ranking model is right now...Lara Stone. If you read my blog often I'm sure that you noticed that I love Lara Stone. First, she is Curvy! This is becoming a bit more popular, but always great to see. Secondly she is such a chameleon. She can go from girl next door, to androgynous, to super sexy, tomboy, intense, cute, soft, hard, you name it.
(Sweater Girl. American Vogue. Sept. 2010. Photography: Mert & Marcus)
"And they said it would never happen in our lifetime... namely a model who is a cultural sensation...But Ms. Stone is that rare model who sells not only campaign product but moves covers (see Interview, Love, W, Vogue Paris) inspires designers (see Marc Jacobs for Vuitton SS 10) and confirms that a compelling personality makes fashion all that more vivid and dynamic." (Models.com)
(Photo: Mert n Marcus for Calvin Klein FW 10)

"In my entire career I can count on one hand the models whose presence and beauty are so otherworldly that they can silence a room and stop traffic. That intense gaze and luscious body! I'm sure she is not even aware of how powerful and arresting her beauty is, and it's no surprise that Paris Vogue is a love letter to her every month. She can't walk a lick, but that never hurt Stephanie either." (James Scully, who is responsible to pick which model is to score a spot on top runways)

This video is great because the Lara Stone that we see in the photos is not the same girl that we get to see in "real life." Watching her speak about her rough time in school, and leaving her family to travel to Paris alone, she doesn't seem like the iconic figure that we know and love. However, its also nice to see that she is a normal person. It's also funny and also kind of horrifying watching her fall down on the runway (multiple times).

No comments:
Post a Comment