Friday, January 29, 2010

Wisdom & Brigitte Sire

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." (Confucius)

The past few months for me have flown by very quickly. I have been going, going, going, and working. I've been taking photos of every model that I could get my hands on, and basically anyone else who would sit in front of my camera (thanks mom, Renee, Brian, etc). I've been teaching every class that New View would let me, and I even TA for a class at UC for free (because I love the instructor -Wayne is a genius and a very funny guy & I want to gain a deeper understanding and connection with art history and current artistic methods).

At this point (this has come to me within the last few days), I know that I am passing into the next phase of whatever it is that I am doing\seeking (I always have very high aspirations so I never really have a definite end result, just keep climbing the ladder). I feel that it is time to slow down, breathe, and really start to learn and absorb. I am a huge fan of mentors, and try to have at least one at all times. Today, I met with someone that could potentially become a new mentor in the future. I also held a hasselblad camera which was exciting for me...seems like a step in the right direction. I want to try to keep these short so that they will actually be read...so adding pictures is obviously a good idea.


I stumbled across a great photographer this morning. I found her work on a blog called Here Comes the Sun: Old favourites, which is written by a girl in New Zealand. The photographers name is Brigitte Sire, and she is based in Los Angeles, CA. She's worked with a lot of cool clients like: Nylon Magazine, Urban Outfitters, American Eagle, and Adidas just to name a few. I really enjoy the simplicity of her work. Her models are absolutely beautiful, in simple settings, displayed as "real" people. Her images are very soft, relaxed, feminine, and somewhat playful. However, the quality of light alludes to ideas of a fantasy world-where everything is slow and quiet.

1 comment:

  1. You can take pics of me anytime if u need/want to!!!!!!! Your a great photographer :-)

    ReplyDelete