Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Connections

The more I venture out into the artistic community in Cincinnati the more that I end up saying "this is such a small world." It's really fun for me to find connections between the most seemingly random people. This week I had the opportunity to meet quite a few people that influenced me in a very positive way, and got me thinking about new routes to take with my work\networking\marketing. It's really nice when someone that is a little older, and wiser is kind enough to take you under their wing (even for a short amount of time) and share their knowledge. Recently, I have been lucky enough for this to happen a lot. I'm trying to grow and learn by shooting as much as possible, working with as many different types of people as possible, and always staying open to new ideas.

I did a photoshoot a couple of days ago with a girl named Kiley that I happened upon at PF Changs (I mentioned this earlier). We originally planned on keeping things very classic and going for a J Crew look. However, when I got to her house (our location for the shoot) she showed me this really great area that she had empty upstairs. The darkened room was softly lit in the corners by interestingly shaped small windows. My favorite was a half circle that was low to the ground and covered by a similarly shaped ceiling. The combination of light and architecture of the room added drama and an almost erie feel to the shots.

(Here's a shot from the Upstairs room in Kiley's house)

After our shoot Kiley introduced me to Kenyatte, who is closely involved with fashion and has a ongoing blog committed to it (http://www.tweedandvelvet.com/). This was one of those small world coincidences. We ended up talking about fashion, photography, and Cincinnati for a couple of hours. He gave me some great suggestions about getting my blog out there and sharing it with not just my friends but new readers as well. My first attempt at this has been to link my blog to facebook, which seems like a great idea. If you found this through facebook feel free to leave comments and let me know. I would love to hear from readers.

I will be updating as much as possible, so that you can follow along with me as I start my career. I have a ton of new images to work with, and I plan on posting sets of images (as small portfolios) for you to view. I plan on writing about my models, tips for aspiring models, what I look for in a picture, and my inspirations. If you would like to hear about these things or if you have any other ideas let me know. I want to write about things that I know, and things that interests my readers : )

No comments:

Post a Comment