Thursday, February 17, 2011

Modeling Tips

My friend Steph just posted this video on her blog Model vs. Food and I had to repost it! This video is so great. This is the kind of thing that inspires photographers!!! When models are uninhibited that it what we live for. I always tell my models "I can't make you give me energy, but I can bring you back if you give me too much." Trust me I'll tell you if I don't like something you are doing, but I might not say anything if you are just boring and uninspiring. You will just be sent home. This is a harsh reality, but in this world there is always someone else willing to give it their all and theirs may just be better than yours.



I also just want to point out that in an actual shoot more often than not the model would not be moving this quickly. You have to give the photographer time to get the shot. However, there is an art to learning to keep moving in front of the camera and pace yourself with the photographers timing. If you can learn to get this down you will be booked!

No comments:

Post a Comment