I was looking through old inspiration shots and found a really cool shot of a girl with a surf board, so I decided to go on a mission and find a surf shop. I used my GPS and drove down to 24th street to look for Hirooka Surf shop, but didn't see it anywhere. I found a guy (Mike) walking around with a surf board and he turned out to be the owner of the surf shop...luckily.
He hooked me up with some great gear to shoot and even helped my models "surf." The shop is really cool because its on the beach! Go check it out (girls don't be afraid its female friendly too). Below are a few shots that didn't make it to editing, but they are still fun. My models Nicole and Nick were both adorable. It's a small world, because oddly enough they are both from the same mother agency in Oregon. I was very happy to book Nicole because she is a redhead! They are hard to find. She had the best energy and never stopped smiling the entire shoot. Watch out for her in the Coke and Wet Seal ads.
(Models: Nick and Nicole w/Wilhelmina)
(Mike Hirooka of http://www.hirookasurfandsport.com/)

No comments:
Post a Comment