Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Skinny

This has been a long week. I've been talking to models, stylists, makeup artists, agencies, etc, etc. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for new models. I try my best to share info, horror stories, fun times, and tips. I want to make sure that the young girls don't get in over their heads. However, sometimes I feel like I am screaming in the wind. I am repeating the same things over, and over, and over, and over, and over. It seems that for the 100's that ask, maybe 1 will have the look, personality, thick skin, drive, and luck enough to actually give the industry a real go. It's crazy to think about all of the girls that have dreamed about one day "becoming a model!" Or those that actually made it to the city to "go see." And then even fewer of that group that "made it" in. And then of those.....the girls that stuck with it. I would love to say that I was one of them....but it wasn't my cup of tea.

I just read a quote from one of my favorites that got me thinking:
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" Kate Moss
I'm not sure that I can agree. After years of starving myself to fit into the clothes, to have "the look," and to be a MODEL. I've found that I am truley happiest with a little meat on my bones. Nothing tastes better than enjoying your favorite meal with someone that you love, in your favorite bar, having a beer, and a good time. Nothing feels better than knowing that you dont have to be as thin as a rail to be attractive, desired, and....happy. However, if you asked me honestly...would I trade (fill in the blank) to be skinny (without the work)...I would have to take a second to think about. Because yea.....being skinny is something that you will only understand if you were\are that girl. It's not easy...unless you are 15 (enjoy it while it lasts girls!) It sucks-but its true. This industry is hard. 

So when you come to me and ask me how to get thin. Listen to Kate Moss. It's the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment