Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Erin's Fave

I'm ready to start shooting again. I have a couple ideas in mind, and was just inspired even further by the work of Pamela Hanson. I was introduced to her work by my friend Erin C., who had a Hanson poster on her wall. I remember thinking at the time that it was dancing between raunchy and empowering. I always love images of girls behaving badly....def a guilty pleasure. Probably because I am to shy to actually partake myself....at least in "real life" (on set I'd probably be down for whatever).
http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PF_NEW/08_25_2005/PF_916167.jpg
Hanson's work reminds me of a mix of Ellen Von Unwerth and Bruce Webber. Tonight I am wrapping a little red ribbon around my finger to remind myself that I need to use concepts that I like....even if they are infused with feminist ideas, controversy, and\or sexuality. I have so many sketchbooks with ideas that I have been to chicken to put together. I need to get it going....Who wants to model?

1 comment: