Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Testing. Do it now!!

Summer is on the way which means that it is a great time to test! Just in case you don't already know testing means to shoot with a photographer to build your book and gain experience. It's always a good idea to update your comp card and portfolio at least every 6 months. For the money that you put out to get new photos you can easily make it back double, triple, or more by booking new clients. Testing is also a great way to get your agency excited about you (again..if its been a while since you've worked) so that they will see you are serious about modeling\acting and push clients and other photographers to book you.

Now, why should you test with me? The answer is simple. I've been there and done what you are doing (or hoping to do). I understand how to make shoots easy, fun, and laid back. I also have an eye for fashion, styling, hair\makeup. I will share all kinds of helpful info about the industry and how to make it work for you...instead of against you. I honestly LOVE my job! I try my best to help each and every person to reach their goals by sharing my years of experience in the fashion industry combined with a lifetime of artistic training.
Top reasons why models put off testing & why you shouldn't make the same mistakes:
1. Money: Booking 1 job will replenish (if not double) the money that you spent on your test.

2. School: Yes, school is important but you are only young once and modeling will pass you by if you wait. Remember there are always other girls pushing to steal your spot in line.

3. Weight issues: One word: Photoshop. Waiting to lose weight is probably one of the biggest reasons that models put off testing, this can be a big mistake because you could be booking lots of jobs in the mean time.

It's also good to remember that building your book takes time. Don't expect that you can just test and have the pictures days later to use for your personalal advertising. It takes the photographer time to edit your shots, it takes the agency time to make you a new comp card, and you have to take the time to print out the shots for your book. Don't wait until weeks before traveling to see agencies to test. Do it now!

Check out my website to see some of the tests that I've done: www.robinmckerrell.com & book your shoot today!
(Photo: Test that I did in Miami)

No comments:

Post a Comment