(Lara Stone by Mikael Jansson for Interview May 2011..Click Here to see entire Editorial )
I'm torn between two styles of photography. Soft, clean, natural looking images and very high contrast\saturation almost plastic high gloss images. The more that I sit around and edit, plan shoots, and experiment with new models the more my work is becoming the latter of the two. I have been known for my black cap that I used to make every model wear (mostly Riana), jeans, slouchy clothes, and no makeup. I still love that style, especially 90's grunge. However, this new type of photography is also very appealing to me. I hate to say it but its kind of like nature. Animals are naturally attracted to bright colors and shiny objects. It's just fun taking those kinds of pictures.

(Angela Lindvall by Philip Gay for Zoo Spring 2011..Click here to see entire Editorial)
Speaking of fun, I loved shooting Alyssa from Wings recently. The concept for our shoot was a collaboration between Fetish Boutique and I. I absolutely adore Ahsley and the way that we work together. It's easy going, professional (most of the time haha), and simple. We were sitting at Fetish in Ashley's vintage inspired all white chairs flipping through A-line, Bazaar, Zink, Allure, and Sophisticated Living (I know interesting mix) brainstorming. Ashley finds a photo of a bunch of red feathers and gets the idea to shoot with feathers. Right off the bat I was thinking ooohh major cheese factor. I do NOT shoot that kind of stuff, but I like to experiment and Ashley seemed to be very excited about it so I figured what the heck I guess so. We decided on a housewives theme and came up with a story. Basically our housewife is at home getting ready for something maybe her husband coming home or a dinner for friends, and she is decorating with a huge glass serving bowl full of bright blue feathers. She picks up a feather and throws it up, watching it float to the table. Then something happens and she busts out of her shell and throws the feathers all around the room.....Which was actually Ashley's dining room. What a fun shoot. There are quite a few more photos and more to the story, but here is the edited version.
(My Shots of Alyssa)

No comments:
Post a Comment