Monday, January 31, 2011

Last Day in January

I am so proud of myself for posting a lot this month. Hopefully I can and will keep it up. Thanks for reading as that little counter goes up it gets me more and more excited. Last year the max number of posts that I did in a month was 19, so I figured that I would have to write today to beat that record.

I have something that I like to do before every shoot (if I get the time). I love to make little mood boards or collage ideas in my sketchbook. Usually I am not in the habit of sharing these with anyone besides my model of the day and the makeup artist or stylist. However, since we are working to break a record here today and I have been posting far to many "inspiration" pics here goes.

 

I'm sure these really only make sense to me anyway. They are usually a bunch of seemingly disconnected images all thrown together. I guess everyone creates differently. Speaking of that I found a quote that I liked while surfing the web a few days ago.

"Talent is like a muscle. It has to be worked on and be adaptable and flexible. Personal charisma comes a little later, and it helps too—but it must be handled carefully. Don’t play the star before you are one. That is a great danger for young designers. Let other people tell you that you are a star. It’s not for you to tell them. They would have already noticed."

Karl Lagerfeld (in the Teen Vogue Handbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment