Monday, March 8, 2010

Persistence is important

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race”
I'm thinking about persistence today for a number of reasons. A combination of a discussion with my boyfriend, my dad, my personal trainer, and a new friend have all influenced me. The world of photography is difficult, illusive, and limitless. 

In this I mean that there is a constant struggle to create work that expresses your thoughts or ideas about art and life, because that's really what photography is about. Entertaining your audience. However, figuring out what those ideas are is easier said then done. 

It's also very easy to get caught up in things like business, politics, and worrying about making a living (or where you will be living for that matter). A few minutes ago I sat down and made a list of the things that I need to do to get my business to where it needs to be. For that to happen I need to start shooting again. A LOT. I think the weather put a damper on things for a while, but I am happy that it is warming up and I can go back outside. I've also had the time to reflect and get a game plan for what I want my portfolio to represent.

Note to models: I will be casting for a few shoots. I want you to practice. Be natural, study some magazines (or even my blog to learn what I like), get your skin in shape (because I want to do some beauty work), and don't tan. Also, I would love to see a little personality in your casting. So bring some shine with you! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment