I recently sat down with everyone involved and discussed options for our cars. The concept is that Clifton community members loan their cars to ArtWorks for Clifton's street painting festival. Artists will be "painting" old master works onto the street with a special kind of chalk that lasts for a month. At the same time artists, such as myself will will be painting a famous work of art onto cars in the middle of the street. Public art\performance art...my fave. Over the next few years there should be art cars driving\parked all over Clifton.
Before going to the meeting to decide which artist we would get I made my dream list. It consisted of: Mucha, Warhol, Mondrian, Kandinsky, Monet, and Van Gogh to name a few. I wanted something colorful, linear\graphic, with simple shapes. Luckily one of the car owners wanted a Warhol so I jumped on it. Even better...I get to paint Warhol's Marilyn Monroes. My plan is to create a set of stencils that we can use to quickly get this thing going. We only get 2 days to complete the entire car!The very cool part is that my car will be the only one getting auctioned off...so come bid on it. 97' Corolla...whaaat.

No comments:
Post a Comment